Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Keeping Customers Informed

As I spend my Tuesday evening hanging out at the airport in LaGuardia waiting on a flight back home I am struck by how important it is to keep your customers informed even if the news is not good. I have to compliment the gate agent for USAirways who has consistently provided updates every 10-15 minutes on the status of our flight. This small gesture has helped to make a less than pleasant experience a bit more bearable. I would like to say that this is the first time that I have been delayed in New York but unfortunately out of my last 3 flights here I have been delayed atleast an hour and one evening spent more than 4 hours sitting at the airport only to have my flight canceled at midnight. The one constant between all 3 incidents was the ongoing regular updates from the USAirways gate agents.

Hopefully I will make it home tonight at a reasonable hour tonight. With the help and assistance from USAirways I have been able to keep my family informed of the status of my flight. The simple gesture of the gate agent to keep me informed has created a postive brand experience during a not so positive situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment